SYNCHROS: SYNergies for Cohorts in Health: integrating the ROle of all Stakeholders
FUNDING BODY: Horizon 2020 EU Research and Innovation Program under grant agreement 825884
MAIN RESEARCHER: José Luis Ayuso
DESCRIPTION: SYNCHROS is an coordination and support action that aims to establish a sustainable European strategy for the development of the next generation of integrated population cohorts, patients, and clinical trials; and thus contributing to an international strategic agenda for a better coordination of cohorts worldwide .
This will address the practical, ethical, legal and methodological challenges to optimizing the exploitation of current and future cohort data, towards the development of stratified and personalized medicine, as well as to facilitate health policy. In order achieve this goal, SYNCHROS will map the cohort landscape in Europe and that of major international initiatives, identify the best methods for integrating cohort data, identify solutions to address practical, ethical and legal challenges when integrating data between patients, clinical trials and population cohorts, and evaluate the use of new emerging data collection technologies and data types. Along with the intensive participation of stakeholders (researchers, patients, funding agencies, clinicians, coordinators of previous integration and harmonization exercises), summaries of strategies will be written and used to carry out dialogues with stakeholders to generate consensus after a deliberative process and scientific methods of implementation.
The main contribution of the group led by Dr. José Luis Ayuso, is to provide statistical and methodological support to all those involved in the project, participating in the development of analytical methods.
The goal of this collaboration is to make sustainable recommendations on standards to improve the future sample, data collection, and data exchange methods, and to disseminate this information to contribute to the definition of an international strategic agenda for better coordination of cohorts globally.
- SYNCHROS: SYNergies for Cohorts in Health: integrating the ROle of all Stakeholders January 13, 2019
- Medical Training Implementation in Mental Health of Non-specialist Physicians to Overcome Mental Health Gaps in Mexico November 13, 2018
- WHO publishes the new International Classification of Diseases (ICD-11) November 13, 2018
- The data collection of the third edition of the study “Age with Health” has already begun April 18, 2018
- Curso de Prevención, Evaluación y Manejo del Suicidio April 18, 2018
- Cambio emocional de los madrileños mediante una aplicación móvil April 4, 2018
- No Categories